Report Area -

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Report Area -
Click Image To Visit Site

As a Songwriter, It’s Important to Know There Are Methods You Can Use in Your Songs to Get People to Want to Hear Your Music


If you’ve experienced any of these scenarios  you just may need to know the specific elements that most successful songs have in common. After all, those elements are what’s making them appealing to listeners. Writing something that’s “cool” is one thing, but to have it be something desired by a lot of people is a something entirely different.



The great part is you can incorporate these elements into your music without compromising yourself as an artist. You might be afraid that if you learn or apply certain techniques to your music, your songs will be too cookie cutter. You don’t have to worry about that. There are plenty of approaches you can use that will make your music better, without forcing it into a sound you’re not interested in. You’ll keep all your creativity, without becoming a “cookie cutter” artist. It’ll just make your songs more desirable to hear. By taking certain approaches to songwriting, you can greatly increase the chance of your listener wanting to own it.


I wanted to be an innovator and do w ver I wanted, but I didn’t realize that before you innovate you have to know the methods that have worked again and again. Then you can stray from them. If you just do w ver you what, whenever you want, without learning, it’s a recipe for a song that’s just messy. Believe me, I learned that the hard way. I once had a song that went from rock, to funk, to jazz all in the same song! I thought it was great because it was original, but needless to say my listeners had no idea where I was taking them with that kind of music. I was trying to innovate before I knew anything about what makes a song successful.


Then I realized that once you know the ideas that go into a successful song, you can use them to make your song great, or you can creatively stray from those same ideas to make your song innovative. Either way, you win. But you have to know what those concepts are first.


Once I realized my songs weren’t working, I decided to build a solid songwriting education for myself and make it my mission to know what makes songs listeners want to hear. I read books, and went to seminars and workshops given by the best and most accomplished songwriting teachers around. I learned all the best tips, tricks and techniques there are. Some of what I learned worked and some didn’t. But the stuff that worked, worked incredibly well.


As I started to learn more and more about songwriting, I developed the ability to see what made successful songs work so well, while other songs didn’t   It became almost instantaneous when I listened to a… Read more…


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
symphonyodds © 2013